- Close Date
Vanguard Communications is celebrating more than 30 years as an independent, Hispanic woman-owned public relations firm that leverages the power of public relations and communications to educate the public about important issues of our time.
We are a diverse team of communicators who apply our range of skills, subject area expertise and different ways of thinking to opportunities our clients face. We focus on causes that align with diversity and inclusion, health and wellness, youth and families, education, energy and environment, and international development, to name a few.
We work in a team-based environment where motivated, creative and collaborative individuals thrive. We encourage continuous learning and mentoring, and create opportunities for team members to stretch, learn and grow.
If this mission and environment inspire you, please read on!
About This Role
As a full-time Account Manager, you will serve on a multi-faceted health communications account and as the task lead on a range of communications campaigns and materials.
You will be responsible for developing integrated communications strategies and materials while presenting recommendations to the client, with a focus on audience engagement, cultural responsiveness and clear calls to action. You will assist in managing project work plans and reporting, as well as ensure client deliverables are kept on time, of high quality and within budget.
Other client work may include developing well-written executive communications materials, providing digital strategy counsel, and/or co-leading various communications planning efforts.
This opportunity provides you with the ability to expand your knowledge of the many facets of strategy and content development with nonprofit and government clients whose missions align with social change. You will gain experience in client management, budgeting, team management and problem solving while building and managing communications projects that have far-reaching impact on the D.C. community.
Highlights and Responsibilities
- Work closely with clients and team members to ensure final work products and contract deliverables exceed client expectations.
- Provide day-to-day management and quality oversight across all aspects of work.
- Ensure that our clients experience our highest level of customer service and all deliverables are clear, concise and timely.
- Provide integrated communications strategic support around the development of communication plans, campaigns and materials.
- Develop culturally responsive communications campaigns and materials for underserved populations.
- Work closely with the design and editorial team to develop creative approaches to health communications materials.
- Write and edit content for a variety of audiences at various reading levels using multiple communication platforms (e.g., web content, outreach products, social media content, print materials).
- Work on-site for the client two days per week.
- Contribute to other client and corporate initiatives as requested and/or needed.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing individual who loves communications in all its evolving forms. Ideally, our new team member has experience in public health campaigns and materials for underserved populations. Other experience should include:
- Developing communications materials, including web content, outreach products, social media content and print materials.
- Leading the development of communications materials in close partnership with graphic designers.
- Juggling competing demands and shifting priorities in a calm and productive manner.
- Successfully supporting a large organization while working with stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
- Developing culturally responsive communications campaigns and materials for underserved populations.
- Advanced understanding of strategic communications planning.
- Writing and editing materials for a 5th- to 6th-grade reading level.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in public relations, journalism, communications or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the public relations/communications field.
Attributes for Success
Vanguard wants its employees to succeed, so we look for candidates who demonstrate the following values:
- People-First. To everyone with whom our work intersects, we are inclusive, respectful and accountable.
- Motivated. We make it our job to be informed, yet constantly seek ways to learn more and work smarter.
- Impactful. Because progress can be achieved by both large- and small-scale changes, we integrate both in our work.
- Truthful. Integrity and transparency define our reputation and are the backbone of client relationships.
- Friendly + Fun. We value each other’s time, talents, personalities and contributions to our culture of inclusion.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with experience.
Excellent benefits, including public transportation subsidy.
Vanguard is an equal opportunity employer.
For consideration, please submit cover letter, résumé and salary requirements.
Account Manager Position
Vanguard Communications 2121 K Street, NW Suite 650 Washington, DC 20037
No phone calls, please